Friday, September 27, 2013


Forty-Eight

I know where you are going,
but yet I know not where you are,
there is no way of knowing,
at times it feels like you are among the distant stars.
 
You will return,
I know I shouldn't be so blue,
but in turn,
I cannot help but think of you.
 
With you is my heart,
my eternal love,
you have gone to see your start,
and that is what I must think of.
 
It won't be long now,
just a clock unwinding until forty-eight,
one cursorily glance and I shall be filled with wow,
when I look upon you on said date.
 
The clouds will part and all will be right,
you may think me mad for perfection by one sight,
but yet I swear to you nothing will be amiss,
once I lay upon you a passionate kiss.

If I have been a bit of a ghost I sincerely apologize, the time has passed me by far faster than I had anticipated with college starting; however, I thought it was about time I write something to show that the love of the written word still is instilled within me.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to know that I am not the only one attending this party. :) I liked this poem is there a reason why the first line is smaller then the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit of a mouthful, but think of it like this: when something is truly bothering you and you find yourself fixated with it, we often understand that we shouldn't be a certain way or worry as we do. We spend countless hours talking about something and yet even go as far as pointing out that everything will be alright in due course, but the underlying theme is whether or not we listen to such a thought. When you care for someone and they say that we will be apart from them for a time, we say that it will only be so long almost as if to initiate a sort of mantra, but yet we persist. Whenever we worry about the ones we care for, the rationality is present, but in comparison to the worries we often find them to be of small stature, and everything else seems far more important.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete